Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I am here!!!

Mike, Missy and I woke up bright and early yesterday morning and headed out. We arrived at the airport in Nashville at 4:30am boarded and headed out at 6. We had a little of a layover so Missy's nephew came down and we were able to hang out a little. We arrived in Haiti at 4:15pm where we were surprised to find out our luggage and 30 other bags were lost(that made for an interesting night, I am such my mother's child because the only thing I was worried about was brushing my teeth)... Because I normally have all my stuff in my backpack when I come to Haiti, the idea of my stuff being lost never crossed my mind so I had NOTHING!!! We all just laughed about it and said well hopefully it will make it here tomorrow. When we left the airport we went to Dr. Bernard's office in Port-Au-Prince (where I will split my time 2 days in his office/ 3 days at the creche.) and picked up two women who were adopting and Dr.Bernard. We went back to the guesthouse(which is AMAZING!!!) and ate dinner. After dinner we played volleyball which was interesting since Mike and Missy were dressed up and I had on a dress.
We got up this morning ate breakfast then we headed out to the office. Mike and Missy were able to go see the judge and some of the other families worked on their adoptions as well. Right before we left the office we joined the workers in a time of devotion which was AMAZING to see workers come together and praise God in the middle of the day. We went to the airport and picked up our luggage and headed back to the house for lunch and some down time.

1 comment:

  1. So cool, Katie! I'm so excited about your opportunity and look forward to seeing how God will use you incredibly there. Keep the blog posts coming!

    ReplyDelete