Sunday, January 3, 2010

T minus 4 hours

Well... it's really here. I am laying in my bed for the last time in seven months. I have a million things on my mind so I thought the best way for all the people in the US to feel included and in touch with what's going on I would write to you.

I can't begin to tell you the things God has already done in my life through this trip and I haven't even left Franklin yet. In June of this past year(2009) I was anxiously awaiting my trip to Haiti the week of July 4th (my birthday.) Our family was and still is in the process of adopting a little girl from Haiti and through the director of the orphanage I found out about the opportunities the orphanage had for interns. Having the heart for Haiti and it's people I immediately started praying about going. Knowing that God was working in me at the time regarding his call on my life the idea that serving in Haiti was a TRUE calling became reality. I emailed Dr. Bernard regarding my interest in interning and he quickly responded with open arms.
This entire experience has been completely ordained by God, from the moment I was given conformation as to go God has literally lined everything up. I have had an overwhelming peace about it all because I KNEW the Lord would not call me to do something and not provide better than I could ever imagine and he has done just that. I don't know that six months ago I could have convinced myself to do this but I know that God has something huge in store and I can't wait to be apart of what He is about to do in Haiti.
I think one of the biggest ways God showed me just how serious he was, was through the financial aspect of this trip. I am a college student who works 10 hours a week. I didn't have a clue as to how I was going to pay for this trip but I knew that I couldn't let money stop me from going. So I sent letter and told myself daily that God was going to provide and boy did he ever...
This was the beginning of December (a month before I was leaving) I was sitting in my room and I was beginning to freak out because I had received some money but I still had a LONG way to go, I was checking the mail daily and it was not looking good. So I decided to take it upon myself to email Dr. Bernard and say that I didn't know if I was going to have the money. I then had a LONG conversation with God where I had to give it up, I knew I couldn't make it work but I was going to try. God was quick to show me that he could when I had received the total $3,500 needed for the trip within 10 days of that conversation!!!

God is all over this trip and I thank you for all your prayers and support updates to come...
~Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment